Sunday 5 February 2017

Into The Woods Review

On Wednesday we watched a film called 'Into the woods' which is a musical. I liked the film and I was very engaged with it. They made it very interesting because they combined different fairy tales such as little red riding hood, jack and the beanstalk, Cinderella and repunzel and they all meet in the woods because they all have to get somewhere and they all have to go through the woods. The Story's cross over because the witch put a curse on the baker and his wife and some of the characters have the items that witch tells them to get to release the curse.

The set wasn't basic and it wasn't confusing there were lots of trees and some stairs so Cinderella could run down from the castle it was all based outside.

The costumes weren't to complex but I felt the wolf from little red riding hood wasn't very well done and the wolf looked and sounded like a stalker.

I liked the film and it's music but towards the end I started to get a bit bored as there was a bit too much music. By watching this film it helped me understand more on how to keep an audience engaged and how to tell the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment